Thursday, September 4, 2008

A story

There was once a Wise Old Man, who lived alone in a Dark Cave in the hills. Legend has it that he was very wise, and many people seeking enlightenment would go to him to seek answers to their problems, or just to find answers to questions they may have about anything in life. His reputation reached far and wide, and it came to the ears of a bright but brash young man.

Hah! I must go and visit him with some friends. Let me prove him wrong, in front of some people who will be my witness.

Hmmm......I know what I can do
I shall ask him to explain to me what is Wealth.
I heard that he said that Wealth is our Technological capabilities our know how to take care of all of humanity, at a higher standard of living that man has ever experienced, without ecological offense to our environment, and without disadvantage to anyone" Hmmm......bullshit. How can it be when about 35% of humanity is still living in misery and want. I think I got him there.

The day came. Sir, you are wrong. How can you say Wealth is....................It's Academic. It's idealistic at best. But it's wrong.

To be continued

2 comments:

tanshawtian said...

Hai ! Great meeting you in Rawang on Jan 27. Keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

really an eye opener for me.

- Robson